What to Expect
Welcome to Seattle Colleges! All new Seattle Promise scholars participate in Summer Bridge as a requirement of the Seattle Promise scholarship and to launch their educational pathways in college.
We’ve focused our traditional Summer Bridge activities to provide you with the tools and skills you will need to be successful in your first quarter of college while in an online environment. At Summer Bridge, you will meet your Seattle Promise Retention Specialist, meet some of your faculty, and learn how to navigate your online classes.
The agenda for each session is:
- 9:10 – 9:40 Welcome and meet your fellow Seattle Promise scholars
- 9:40 – 10:30 Accessing your faculty supports
- 10:30 – 10:40 Brain Break
- 10:40 – 11:30 Personal Strategies for Success in College
- 11:30 – 11:40 Brain Break
- 11:40 – 12:30 You’ve Got This!
- 12:30 – 1:00 Wrap-up with your Retention Team
- 2:10 – 2:40 Welcome and meet your fellow Seattle Promise scholars
- 2:40 – 3:30 Accessing your faculty supports
- 3:30 – 3:40 Brain Break
- 3:40 – 4:30 Personal Strategies for Success in College
- 4:30 – 4:40 Brain Break
- 4:40 – 5:30 You’ve Got This!
- 5:30 – 6:00 Wrap-up with your Retention Team
We will have optional workshops you or your families can attend outside of your scheduled Summer Bridge session, including:
- A student panel
- Why Satisfactory Academic Progress Matters
- How and when to pay your college fees
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Ask a Seattle Colleges Expert